I´m Sophie! I am a vocational and intercultural coach and trainer, as well as a massage therapist. Below, you can learn more about my experiences and competencies.
- I grew up in France in a multicultural environment
- I did several school exchanges with Germany, the USA and China
- I studied in Berlin and in Seoul for 6 months each
- I lived and worked in Munich for 2 years
- I live in Hamburg since 2015
- I´m fluent in French, German and English
- I speak Portuguese on a conversational level
- I learned Chinese-mandarin for 3 years
- I have some basic knowledge in Korean
Certifications & studies
- I studied in international trade and people management, in France and abroad
- I´m certified as a Business-life coach
- I´m certified as an intercultural trainer & moderator
- I´m certified as a wellness massage therapist
I´m originally from France, where I grew up, and I´ve been living in Germany since 2013.
When people ask me “Where is home?”, I answer Hamburg , as I’ve found a sense of belonging in this city. Today, I feel that I am at the right place both personally and professionally.
But some years ago things were different. I felt unfulfilled by challenging myself in trying to simultaneously grow in my career and settling down in a new country. This experience caused many ups, and especially downs both in my professional as well as in my personal life.
I was convinced that speaking fluently the language of the country I lived in was an important element to feel integrated. However, there were other areas I realized I had to take into consideration: knowing myself better, nurturing my passions and developing my profound vocation.
When I decided to restructure my professional and personal life, I went through different phases of introspection and experimentation.
On the personal level, I started learning the brazilian dance couple forró, I also did some Portuguese language tandem.
On the professional level, I did some coaching programs and I got certified as a business-life coach, intercultural trainer and wellness massage therapist. This helped me understand and overcome many personal blockages and to find the confidence and certainty of what I wanted to do: offering intercultural coaching/training and massages.
I’ve always liked to meet new people and support them in their life and work challenges. I also felt that massage techniques are a key addition as I find mind and body to be strongly interconnected. For me, this is a personal balance and also a complementary approach to healing.
Since I´m young, I´m guided by the Greek phrase “know thyself” from the Delphic Oracle. I’m convinced that this maxim is a fundamental factor to find happiness and clarity. So are you ready to know yourself better and make changes in your life?